Essential Skills Awards 2013
The Department for Employment and Learning has launched the Essential Skills Awards 2013 to celebrate the achievement and successes of students who have excelled in Essential Skills training.
There are six regional categories and two additional award categories with one winner from each category.
- Co Antrim Essential Skills Award 2013
- Co Armagh Essential Skills Award 2013
- Co Down Essential Skills Award 2013
- Co Fermanagh Essential Skills Award 2013
- Co Londonderry Essential Skills Award 2013
- Co Tyrone Essential Skills Award 2013
- ICT Essential Skills Award 2013
- Essential Skills Trade Union Learner of the Year 2013
Who can enter?
Entering is straightforward:
- Learners must be nominated by their tutor
- Must have comenced or completed their qualification between 1 January 2012 and 31 December 2012.
- Learners for the regional awards are eligible to enter based on the county in which they undertook/are undertaking their course of study
- All Essential Skills ICT Learners are eligible to enter the Northern Ireland award
- Trade Union Learners, supported through the Northern Ireland Learning Fund, can be entered in either regional or ICT categories, but applicants must also tick the Trade Union category to be considered for this award.
- All entry forms must be completed by both the tutor and the learner
Closing date for applications was Tuesday 29 January 2013.